Re: logrotate + mysql = "Help!"

Eric d'Alibut wrote:

> I have a Debian stable install that runs smoothly; uptime is seventy
> three days. Just lately I am getting these system emails:
>
> /etc/cron.daily/logrotate:
> error: error running shared postrotate script for /var/log/mysql.log
> /var/log/mysql/mysql.log /var/log/mysql.err /var/log/mysql/mysql.err
> /var/log/mysql/mysql-slow.log
> run-parts: /etc/cron.daily/logrotate exited with return code 1
>
> I am clueless as to how to debug this error. I am, in fact, a mysql
> moron. Any input would be appreciated!

I know little about logrotate or mysqld, but a quick 'man logrotate' turned
up the '-v' switch that causes verbose output.  Then, using your log, I ran
'less /etc/cron.daily/logrotate' and found the line that executes
logrotate.  Maybe if you add the verbose switch there, next time it runs it
will give you more detail (though perhaps more than you want).