Re: xscreensaver + kde

On Tuesday 03 January 2006 06:07, Yuri Pakhomov wrote:
> I had installed debian with gnome and xscreensaver. Then installed kde.
> In gnome xscreensaver works fine. In kde i enter control center >
> appearance...> screen saver and see blank screen saver only.
>
> When i enter settings> screensaver from main menu - it tells me
> xscreensaver daemon not running and prompt me to run it. How to make it
> run automatically with kde?

If you don't want to use KDE's wrapper around xscreensaver, then check the
man page of xscreensaver.  It has a section on using KDE.  Paraphrasing,
you have to:
1) switch off KDE's screensaver
2) find your Autostart directory
3) place an xscreensaver.desktop file in the Autostart directory
4) make the various desktop lock buttons call xscreensaver.

Complete instructions are in the man page, including the .desktop file
contents.  It's quite detailed and easy to follow.

Hope that helps,
Justin Guerin