Re: OT : Re: H8_film convertor

Ron Johnson wrote:

On Wed, 2006-01-04 at 19:34 +0100, steef wrote:
Ron Johnson wrote:

On Wed, 2006-01-04 at 16:10 +0100, nullman wrote:

So you need some way to connect the camera (or player) to your
computer.
You have a player or the camera, right ? otherwise things will get
difficult.

A Digitizer-Card will provide the connection (with S-Video cable for
example) an digitize the Video into some file-format.
You get those cards pretty cheap on ebay - mostly a software is
included.
To clarify: are these Hi-8 *video* tapes or Hi-8 *movies*?

...the eldest are *movies* >10 years old. the rest (about 8 years old) are *video_tapes*, so my wife told me.

You'll *have* to bring the movies to a camera store.

For the video tapes, find (and buy?) an analog Hi-8 camcorder that
has an S-Video output jack, then (buy?) a video capture card that
Linux can drive.

All in all, it might be easier to bring the video tapes in with the movies. Not the Hacker Way, though, of course...

thanks ron, i'll give it a try too.

regards,

steef