Re: Re: "superblock last write time is in the future" on boot

> > > Short and to the point: stop using your RTC in local timezone mode.
> > > Currently it simply cannot be as well supported as a RTC in UTC mode, and it
> > > was never a sound engineering idea to begin with to have that in local time,
> > > even back on the DOS days it was already broken by design.
> > >
> > > Real fix: whatever you do, make sure /etc/localtime IS IN THE ROOT
> > > FILESYSTEM (it is usually a symlink to /usr, and since you got the bug, your
> > > /usr is probably a separate partition...).
> > >
> > I don't have a seperate partition for /usr, and still I have this problem.
> > so this real fix is not a fix to me, :-(
>
> That's a very interesting datapoint.  Does /etc/localtime point to a valid
> file, and more important, to the file corresponding to the timezone your RTC
> is in?  Is UTF=yes set in /etc/default/rcS?  Is your RTC in local time
> instead of in UTC?

I followed the link in your previous post, and solved the problem by making
hardware clock store UTC time (UTF=yes in /etc/default/rcS).
Now, my question is, any drawback in doing so? besides possbile windows problem
on a dual boot machine and confusion when looking at bios.

thanks.

Lei Kong