Re: how to show bad sector of a file system

Michelle Konzack wrote:
Am 2005-12-25 11:14:09, schrieb sqrt3@citiz.net:

i have fxck-ed a file system, now i want to know whether there are bad
sector, which command can show bad sector? Thanks in advance!

        man badblocks

Greetings
Michelle

You need to learn how to use the tools

$ apropos disk | grep bad
mbadblocks (1) - tests a floppy disk, and marks the bad blocks in the FAT

$ apropos blocks | grep bad
badblocks            (8)  - search a device for bad blocks
mbadblocks (1) - tests a floppy disk, and marks the bad blocks in the FAT

$ man badblocks

Mike
You have found the bank of Larn.