Re: Not Authenticated ???

Andrew M.A. Cater wrote:
On Wed, Jan 04, 2006 at 12:02:01AM -0600, Kent West wrote:
Chinook wrote:

Now that I've got Etch installed, I'm seeing a "Not Authenticated"
warning for many packages.

Is this normal or is it something I don't have that is causing such?
We'll need more detail than this.

--
Kent

He's just updated to Testing from Stable _so_

/* Mind reader mode ON */

apt-key / apt-secure - After apt 0.6, doing any upgrade from the repositories causes a warning that the package archive is not signed and therefore do you want to continue.

Can't remember which debian-keyring type package actually adds the keys
- now that apt-secure is part of APT, it may be done automatically
when you install apt >> apt 0.6

apt-key add /usr/share/apt/debian-archive.gpg

Google for Debian apt-secure archive keys yields some useful hits.
apt-howto also useful

/* Mind reader mode OFF */

This is one thing that will need documenting extremely well when
we release Etch - everyone running Sarge will panic :)

Andy