Package Signatures

Dear all,

today during my daily update, I got the following messages:

W: GPG error: http://ftp.us.debian.org proposed-updates Release: The following signatures couldn't be verified because the public key is not available: NO_PUBKEY 010908312D230C5F
W: GPG error: ftp://ftp.us.debian.org unstable Release: The following signatures couldn't be verified because the public key is not available: NO_PUBKEY 010908312D230C5F

Two questions arise:

- how do the power users of Debian react in such situations?  Do you
  continue with the apt-get upgrade or do you skip it?

- I am handling some own packages.  Where can I find a short and
  concise explanation of the package signature issues (how to create,
  where to publish)?

Thanks in advance for any help.

wbr,
Lukas