Re: need help please

frederick c woodruff wrote:

I just started installing sarge on my computer all was going ok untill I
did the log in,did ok untill at the bottom of page it askes something
@debian $   I dont know what to tell it to get in I know you know its a
bash command I dont know I am knew at this can you help me,I have been
using suse its different,it uses auto log in but i know what the name
and password is I dont know what to tell sarge to get logged in,@debian
$  can some one help me please

When installing, it asked you to provide a password for root, and a user and password for a normal user.

If you've forgotten those passwords, it's possible to get around the problem, but it might be easier as a newbie just to reinstall.

Once you're logged in, you'll probably need to install X (the graphical system). As root, run the command "aptitude install x-window-system kde gnome icewm" and after that is finished, you should be able to reboot into a graphical environment (a reboot is not necessary, but it's probably the easiest route for a newbie to understand).

--
Kent