[solved] Re: can't mount my root partition (rescue mode)

So I tried e2fsck -b 8193 /dev/hda4 and I got again this message :
fsck.ext3 file system revision too high while trying to open /dev/hda4.
The file system is appalently too high for this version of e2fsck (or the
filesystem superblock is corrupt).

The superblock could not be read or does not contain a correct ext2 file
system. If the device is valid and it really contains an ext2 filesystem
then the superblock is corrupt and you might try running e2fsck with an
alternate superblock. "e2fsck -b 8193 <device>"

So what can I do ?

I used e2fsck -b 32769 /dev/hda4 and all worked well.
Many inodes corrupted, but after the fix I could mount my filesystem :-)

Pascal