RE: OT: Subscribed addresses with auto-reply anti-spam systems

I'm just sort of watching this thread casually, so I don't have all the
facts... But is that stopping me?  Noooo.

I have gotten the spam message in the past too, and I suspect I'll get it
for this one too.  I have no desire to validate my email address on their
system either.

It sounds like someone sent out a test emailing to all the subscribers to
see who the "offender" is, and I don't know what the result of that test
was.  I also know nothing of what kind of access the maintainers have to the
list software but I have some ideas.

I am thinking if the test email didn't produce any results, the address it
was sent from was probably pre-validated.

Regardless, if this is going to become a popular problem, is there any
chance that the list software could send an additional email from a
non-debian.org address to new people as they subscribe to weed them out?

Is there something written in the "policy page" which identifies this as
abuse of the list and allows kicking people off the list?

I'll post another note if i don't get the antispam message for this note.

OR is this problem: person A posts, List sends note to person B, person B
automatically forwards on to person C and person C sends the antispam thing
back to person A?

As a final suggestion, if these people can be identified, would putting them
into digest mode help the problem?

S.