Re: Help! Can't print on Windows Shared Printer!

Jacob S wrote:
On Mon, 02 Jan 2006 14:41:09 -0600
Mike McCarty <mike.mccarty@sbcglobal.net> wrote:

Katipo wrote:

Mike McCarty wrote:

We have an HP Deskjet connected to a Windows printer.
Debian can print a test page, but applications like
web browsers can't make anything come out.

(I tried a well-crafted question, maybe this sloppy one
will get a response.)

Mike

Got xprt installed?

I don't know. I used the regular means to install, and
it can print a test page. Firefox (and other apps)
*thinks* it can queue a print request to that printer,
but nothing comes out.

"dpkg -l xprint*" to see if you have xprt installed. (Which would have

I did send a reply, but I don't see it on the echo...

$ su -
# dpkg -l "xprint*"
no packages found matching xprint*

Mike