Re: Font corruption in GTK2 apps

I'm starting to believe it has to do with Freetype, or whatever the
new xorg packages use to make use of freetype fonts. Why:

1) Other types of fonts (such as pcf, bdf ie. Fixed) are not affected.

2) GTKv1/Motif/Athena apps which use TrueType fonts without
anti-aliasing, produce disgusting-looking results:
http://img252.imageshack.us/my.php?image=truetypefontsdebian1xr.png

I tested Debian unstable a month ago and none of this issues (ugly
fonts or corrupted fonts) were there. I'm guessing the recent switch
to xorg may have something to do with it.

Come on, doesn't anybody but me experience these issues? Having fonts
broken for GTKv2 and the new xorg should be enough of an alarm.