Re: OT: Subscribed addresses with auto-reply anti-spam systems

On Tue, 3 Jan 2006 17:52, Hal Vaughan wrote:

> I would think it would work better to write a script that automatically
> cross references the DU and DD lists (since this jerk seems to be on
> both), and generate a one time email (like, "PLease confirm you are
> subscribed to this list!"), with each e-mail having a different ID number
> in it (or the ID in the subject).  Then when the e-mail gets bounced back
> or whatever, it would be a snap to match it with the person forwarding
> it.

Cord Beermann - a Debian listmaster - already sent such an email to
debian-user subscribers in December, the email address was in the name and
message id.

He believes
    > Someone who is subscribed to d-devel forwards the mails to
    > petsupermarket. petsupermarket itself is not subscribed to any of our
    > mailinglists.

Note Fedora mailing lists have also had the same problems apparently.

Andrew