Re: ups and software for automatic shutdown.

Mauro Sanna wrote:
Can you suggest an ups with a software for automatic shutdown for my debian servers?

I have just installed a Back-UPS LS 500.
Debian package apcupsd supports that out of the box.

That's sort of a bottom of the line UPS, I think, but with the PC, monitor, modem plugged into the battery outlets I have 11 minutes of battery runtime, a load of 62%.

If I blank the monitor the battery runtime goes up to 20 mins.

It will shutdown the system via apcupsd if batterytime is exhausted and restart when the power returns.

I have an unresolved issue about the restart. Because apcupsd uses shutdown -h now and not shutdown -r now, when power returns on my mobo it will just sit there and not show the lilo boot screen and restart things. But I may not have that researched just right.

HTH