Re: Should installation process fix firefox, thunderbird mailto problem?

On Sat, Dec 31, 2005 at 01:07:17PM -0500, Edward C. Jones wrote:
> After I install the firefox and mozilla-thunderbird package, mailto
> links in firefox and http links in thunderbird do not work. The
> well-known fix is

At least mozilla-thunderbird asks you during package configuration
which method to use to determine the http application.

use dpkg-reconfigure mozilla-thunderbird to explicitly reconfigure
the used method.

If you are not running gnome, use Debian as method. You can set the
default browser for debian using the x-www-browser alternative.

To use firefox as your default browser run:

   update-alternatives --set  x-www-browser /usr/bin/mozilla-firefox

 - Alexander

--
 GPG messages preferred. |  .''`.  ** Debian GNU/Linux **
 Alexander Sack          | : :' :      The  universal