repeat cursor keys

Hi,

 I have upgraded Gnome and X.org to 2.12.2 and 6.8.99.902 respectively
from the original experimental packages. It broke some things and yeah,
I was prepared for them - so I could fix most of them. But I can't find
out how to make some keys repeat while I still press them, like the
cursor keys. Now the cursor moves a place when a cursor key is pressed,
but no more. I have to release it and press again for an other move.
How can I fix this? Please cc to me, as I am not subscribed.

Thanks in advance,
Laszlo/GCS