Re: [root user] How to disable root account?

On Thu, 1 Dec 2005 19:49:10 +0100 Wim De Smet wrote:
> sudo passwd lets you set the root password of course. :-)

Yeah, that's why we distribute the hash of the root password
via a debian package. :)
(And the machines do an update/upgrade regularly.)

I think this approach works quite well in a desktop
environment. Of course publishing the root password
hash is insecure. But installing the hash on a machine
people have physical access to, is just as insecure.

cheers,

Christian

P.S. Thx for the hint Marc. I thought it was save to translate
1:1 from German. The 2 languages are so diverse in many ways.

--
Christian Folini - mailto:christian.folini@netnea.com