Re: OT: Small business financial software

On 2005-11-29T12:08:33-0600, Ron Johnson wrote:
> On Tue, 2005-11-29 at 10:58 -0500, Roberto C. Sanchez wrote:
> > I will be shortly starting a small business.  I am wondering what
> > software (preferrably available via apt-get/aptitude/etc.)  other small
> > business owners/consultants out there use to keep track of business
> > finances.  [...]
>
> SQL Ledger.

I could not get it installed without hacking the code (hard codes the
apache configuration file), and even then some things not work.  The
author sells documentation, but otherwise the project is undocumented.

Roberto, you should know how to use apt-cache to search for
applications, and then check out freshmeat.net or sourceforge.net if you
need t olook further.

I found fat applications (i.e. not web based) and/or projects in java,
neither option was compelling to me.

/Allan