Re: Wireless access suddenly broken

Anthony Campbell wrote:

On 29 Oct 2005, David Goodenough wrote:
On Saturday 29 October 2005 18:48, Paul Scott wrote:
Anthony Campbell wrote:
On 28 Oct 2005, Anthony Campbell wrote:

There seems to be a bug in the current version of wireless-tools (?).
I made a fresh install of debian on a spare partition. Everything worked
in the beginning, via netinst. I then did a dist-upgrade to Sid and the
same wireless error appeared.
I have the same problem on a PowerBook 3400c running sid.

Paul Scott
Good, now we identified a problem, enter a bug in the Bug Tracking
System.  Use reportbug.

David

I've already done this for wirelss-tools, but I now suspect that this is
not the package that is at fault. After I installed the stable version
of Debian via netinst everything was working. I tried selective upgrades
of wireless-tools and then pcmcia-cs from Sid but these did not break
the wireless access. A full dist-upgrade does break it, however.

I now have no idea which package is the problem.
Hopefully either your bug report or this thread will get us closer. I don't know what to do next.

Paul