ASUS extreme ax600xt-td cannot get it to work!

Hi All

I'm new to Debian and have just installed a system for the first time.
I downloaded the DVD's yesterday, latest version. My problem is that my graphics card ASUS extreme ax600xt-td is not recogniced by XF86config. It's a radeon x600pro chip on the card but neither "ati" "r128" or "radeon" in XF86config will get it to work.

On the same PC i have Mandriva with xorg and driver "ati" and it works perfect.

Any clues? Thanks

/Leslie