Ooo2.0 space concern solved

Thanks to everyone for their help on this one. I discovered that the space concern, and the timing of my installing the OOo2.0 program, was merely a co-incidence. I had installed a backup program, backup-manager, which, unbeknownst to me, was writing backups in the /var/archives directory. Is there a way to change the directory of this program, to /media/scsidisk, or something (I have an external hard drive, connected via usb, that I could use.)