Re: shared Debian hosting

David Christensen wrote:
Debian user list:

dking@pimpsoft.com wrote:

You may want to check out http://www.Activewebhosting.com as they do
very good debian based web hosting. I use them for all my sites/
projects and I have not yet had any problems, plus the customer
service is top notch.
Thanks for the tip. I looked at their site, but didn't seem very much in the
way of technical specifications.  I'm looking for a fairly hard-core hosting
plan -- ssh access, CVS, full Perl/ CGI/ MySQL production environment, etc..  It
would be nice if I could get this in a shared plan, but realistically I'll
probably have to go to a VPS, rented server, or collocation.

Depending on what you are looking for a VPS may be around the same price. I have heard good things about linode.com. They seem to be fairly cheap as well (considering that many website hosting plans are around the same price). Frankly for what you get on their cheapest plan combined with the capabilites of Linux VPS I very tempted to get one and I don't even really have a use for it :-)

HTH,
Brett