Re: module psmouse missing on boot, mouse doesn't work.

On Wed, Oct 05, 2005 at 12:44:11PM -0400, Bill Marcum wrote:
> On Tue, Oct 04, 2005 at 11:30:54AM +0200, Søren Christensen wrote:
> > Hi,
> >
> > I've had some troubles with my mouse, after most reboots it wouldn't
> > work, only after some (>1) dpkg-reconfigure xserver-xfree86 and reboots
> > and stopping and restarting gdm several times, it would come to life.
> >
> > During a reboot now i just saw this message:
> > ide-detect ide-disk psmouse modprobe: can't locate module psmouse
> >
> > I think that is the fault. Where do I find that module, and how can I
> > make it a part of my installation.
> >
> Did you compile your own kernel?  If not, the psmouse module should be in
> /lib/modules/[version]/kernel/drivers/input/mouse/psmouse.ko
> If you can't find it there, you may need to reinstall kernel-image or
> linux-image.

I use a stock-kernel (2.4.27-386)

/lib/modules/2.4.27-386/kernel/drivers/input/ does not contain a dir
called mouse, only 6 object-files: *.o (evdev, input, joydev, keybdev,
mousedev, uinput)

But if i don't rebuild the kernel, will it then help to reinstall the
kernel-image? That is, is the part 'sourced' under boot?

/Søren