Re: how to show refresh rate of ttys?

phyrster wrote:
Hi debianers,

I applied vesafb-tng patch to kernel to get ttys show high refresh rate. I
have set the kernel parameters in menu.lst and now it seemed to have worked.
However, is there any command to show the exact refresh rate of ttys? I want
to make sure it indeed worked.

With vesafb-tng installed, in my bootparms I have:

video=vesafb:ypan,1024x768-32@85

Per description in vesafb.txt in the kernel docs one uses fbset.

Fbset gives:

mode "1024x768-85"
    # D: 94.500 MHz, H: 68.677 kHz, V: 84.997 Hz
    geometry 1024 768 1024 1024 32
    timings 10582 208 48 36 1 96 3
    hsync high
    vsync high
    rgba 8/16,8/8,8/0,8/24
endmode

The manpage gives no reference as to what # D means.
I presume, perhaps wrong, that my refresh rate is 84.997 Hz.