Re: apache support for php and cgi scripts

On 03/10/05, Radhika <radhiilu@yahoo.com> wrote:

>  if i want to support apache server for php and cgi scripts below modules
> are enough or i need to install any other moduled from debian package list
>
> php4-cgi

You don't need this unless you want to run your PHP scripts through
CGI (which most people don't).

> php4-common

You need this, but it will be installed as a dependancy anyway.

> php4-cli

You don't ned this unless you want to run your PHP scripts on the command line.

To run PHP scripts through Apache without going through CGI (which is
relatively slow) you will need: libapache-mod-php4 or
libapache2-mod-php4 depending on which version of Apache you use.

I believe standard CGI support is in the main apache module.

--
David Dorward <http://dorward.me.uk><http://blog.dorward.me.uk>