Re: bootlog [was: control of modules?]

Matt Price wrote:

>On 9/30/05, Edward J. Shornock <debian-ml@crazeecanuck.homelinux.net> wrote:
>

>>What version of sysvinit do you have installed?  There's a bug that's
>>been in sysvinit since 2.86.dsl1-1 which affects bootlogd.  See the bug
>>report at
>>http://bugs.debian.org/cgi-bin/bugreport.cgi?bug=327865 for a patch that
>>fixes the problem for me and a few others.
>>

>thanks for this.  Using the first-posted version of the patch (the one
>from greek0.net is unreachable right now, I guess), I tried the
>following:

I'm glad I attached it to the bug report then...I was afraid of that
happening...

[..]

>this is on a recently-upgraded sid.  Apparently there's no gcc symlink
>on my box!  lots of gcc's installed, e.g. gcc-2.95, gcc-3.0, gcc-3.2,
>gcc-3.3, gcc-4.0, but not /usr/bin/gcc.  DO I need to sett his
>somehow?  with update-alternatives perhaps?

You would probably want to do that with update-alternatives or set the
links manually.  On my box, I have:

athlonxp:~# ls -l /usr/bin/gcc
lrwxrwxrwx  1 root root 7 Sep 14 08:33 /usr/bin/gcc -> gcc-4.0
athlonxp:~# ls -l /usr/bin/g++
lrwxrwxrwx  1 root root 7 Sep 14 08:33 /usr/bin/g++ -> g++-4.0
athlonxp:~# ls -l /usr/bin/cpp
lrwxrwxrwx  1 root root 7 Sep 14 08:22 /usr/bin/cpp -> cpp-4.0

You could use pbuilder to build the package as well, which is what I use
for my local repository.  If need be, I could post the URLs to the
packages I build using that patch.