Re: Copying Large Files >2Gb to smbfs mount

On Wednesday August 3 2005 15:57, Christof Hurschler wrote:
> How can I circumvent the 2GiB limit?  Can I mount the share as cifs?

You can if the client's kernel supports it. For some reason, smbmount doesn't
do CIFS and there doesn't seem to be a CIFS equivalent, so you'll have to use
mount with something like:

mount -t cifs //remote/share /path/to/mountpoint

which of course won't work for a normal user, but an fstab entry should help.

To check whether your kernel supports CIFS, check /proc/filesystems.

--
Got Backup?

Jabber: Shadowdancer at jabber.fsinf.de