RE: Copying Large Files >2Gb to smbfs mount

Hi Nicos,

Nicos Gollan schreef:
> That's because the W2k machines probably used CIFS and not SMB. SMB,
> at least like Samba uses it, does have a 2GiB limit, CIFS does not.
I believe that Samba supports CIFS OOTB since SAMBA 2.2.4. I found some references on the internet about a 2Gb limit on the SAMBA side but they appear to be about ancient Linux SMBFS/Samba versions.

Besides that: I have managed to copy the full Debian Sarge i386 and amd64 DVD's from my W2K machine to my Debian Sarge (both i386 and AMD64) machines and back again...

Groeten,

Joost Kraaijeveld
Askesis B.V.
Molukkenstraat 14