Re: web browser alternatives...

Hal Vaughan wrote:
> On Tuesday 02 August 2005 11:37 pm, Javier-Elias Vasquez-Vivas wrote:
>
>>Hi,
>>
>>I've been using mozilla for quite a while, however I read a
>>debian-laptop thread about light applications and there were several
>>suggestions, but none conclusive regarding web browser alternatives.
>>
>>What would be interesting would be a light web browser but fast, with
>>the ability flash and java support (playback, scripting and others),
>>and that are not dependant upon desktop environments like KDE or
>>Gnome.  Only options I knew were mozilla and opera, but in my
>>experience opera can't access some web pages mozilla does and I don't
>>like its adverstisement...
>>
>>Is there an option available?  I read about amaya and dillo, but none
>>has the support mozilla does for flash and java...
>>
>>Thanks,
>

> You've said you use Mozilla, but have tried Firefox?  It does all you ask for.
>
> Hal

I don't think Firefox fits the requirements of the OP. Check the
resources used by Mozilla(only the browser) and then check for Firefox.
I have never seen a difference of more than 5% whenever I tried checking.

But then again the OP wants flash and java support, and there seems to
be nothing "lighter" than Mozilla/Firefox or Opera!

/KS