web browser alternatives...

Hi,

I've been using mozilla for quite a while, however I read a
debian-laptop thread about light applications and there were several
suggestions, but none conclusive regarding web browser alternatives.

What would be interesting would be a light web browser but fast, with
the ability flash and java support (playback, scripting and others),
and that are not dependant upon desktop environments like KDE or
Gnome.  Only options I knew were mozilla and opera, but in my
experience opera can't access some web pages mozilla does and I don't
like its adverstisement...

Is there an option available?  I read about amaya and dillo, but none
has the support mozilla does for flash and java...

Thanks,

--
Javier-Elias Vasquez-Vivas