Practical problems faced by new Debian user

I have Debian 3.1Sarge(testing) from early
May2005,since then I have
downloaded binary packages from testing(latest May)
and 3.1stable
(early June) and with dpkg -install package_x.deb I
usually get:

dpkg: dependency problems prevent configuration of
package_x:
package_x depends on libc6 (>= 2.3.2.ds1-21);however:
 Version of libc6 on system is 2.3.2.ds1-20

---> the programs were unpacked but not
configured.(Can I FORCE the
     configuration in these cases -very close
versions- ?)

Well,a REAL libc6 incompatibility is not probable
here(2.3.2=2.3.2)a
strict dpkg problem is what I see here.So,how can I
surpass this?(I
suppose that the package equivs -to fool dependencies-
is not an option
here).I simply don´t believe that we need to
substitute major libraries
each time we pick a new version of a program few weeks
later.(Compiling
from sources to adapt to my environment is not
optional,I don´t have the
large majority of developer packages in my CD set).

NOTE: I am aware that with apt-get POSSIBLY the cost
of upgrading from
libc6 2.3.2.ds1-20 to libc6 2.3.2.ds1-21 is only to
change a few files,
and a few minutes of Internet connection.Is that so?
Or the ENTIRE new
libc6 would be downloaded?
I simply prefer to pick the packages manually with a
webbrowser.

EXAMPLE:In my CD set I don´t have MySQL-Admin and
MySQL-Query-Browser.
        I got the sources and I have fallen in a HELL
of dependencies
        trying to build the .deb binaries(need a lot
of dev packages).
        So I got the .deb binaries and the only
barrier I face to reach
        a proper installation is this libc6