Re: WPA on Intel Wireless 2200BG

On Tue, 02 Aug 2005, Ivan Glushkov wrote:
> I resently got a Wireless DSL Modem (Sinus 1054 DSL). I am now trying to
> make my notebook

As long as it is an Intel 2200BG, it *will* work perfectly as long as you:

1. Use wpa-supplicant (newest one, maybe from sid)
2. Use the *very latest* version of the kernel drivers and firmware
3. Configure wpa-supplicant correctly, which is your current problem (sorry,
   I don't know the correct config either or I'd be attaching it to this
   message).

I don't know about the PSK configuration, but during debconf5 we pretty
much discovered about all problems TTLS radius-based auth could give you on
just about every wifi hardware out there :-P

Intel ipw2200 (using a 2915ABG or a 2200BG) will work just fine with the
latest kernel driver and firmware, it will work flakely with the 1.0.4
version (lots of firmware resets), and probably not at all with any earlier
versions.

See http://wiki.debian.net/?DebConf5WirelessHowto and
http://wiki.debian.net/?DebConf5WirelessHardware

for some of the acquired knowledge from Debconf5.

  Henrique Holschuh