Re: DriveReady SeekComplete Error

On Sun, Jul 31, 2005 at 10:12:56PM +0000, persall wrote :
> DriveReady SeekComplete Error
> I get this error when trying to copy a large file
> from my CD drive. I have Debian 3.1 Sarge.
> It's not the hardware, because I dual boot to Windows
> and I can copy the file I want using Windows.
> In fact, as I recall, I could also copy this file from
> this CD drive with a previous version of Debian,
> the Testing version precursor to the current Sarge.
> I think I have seen a solution to this somewhere
> on the internet, but right now I can't seem to find it.
> Anybody help?
> -- persall88 @ sbcglobal.net

Hi

if you install laptope-mode give a look at its configuration
/etc/laptop-mode/laptop-mode.conf and list there only your drive (its
lists by default /dev/hda to /dev/hdd) which led on my box to this error
and the impossiblity to get DMA for my drive before adjusting the
settings of laptop-mode.

--
Brice Méalier
mealier_brice@yahoo.fr