DriveReady SeekComplete Error

I get this error when trying to copy a large file
from my CD drive. I have Debian 3.1 Sarge.
It's not the hardware, because I dual boot to Windows
and I can copy the file I want using Windows.
In fact, as I recall, I could also copy this file from
this CD drive with a previous version of Debian,
the Testing version precursor to the current Sarge.
I think I have seen a solution to this somewhere
on the internet, but right now I can't seem to find it.
Anybody help?
-- persall88 @ sbcglobal.net