Re: sarge + 2.6.12 kernel panic - SOLVED

> >Just installed sarge, got fresh kernel sources for 2.6.12, used an
> > oldconfig from a previously successful 2.6.11 kernel, and compiled.
> > Unfortunately when I tried to boot that kernel I got this:
> >
> >	attempt to access beyond end of device
> >	hda2: rw=16, want=8, limit=2
> >	kernel panic - not syncing: I/O error reading memory image

The problem was simply that my old kernel config. specified hda2 as the resume
partition (in the power management section), while the installer's new
partition scheme put it at hda5.

I'm now running sarge (with a little etch) on the Debian 2.6.12 kernel with no
problems.

Thanks to those who replied.

John