Re: OT: linux smartphone in Europe?

On Monday 01 Aug 2005 14:24, Francisco Borges wrote:
> Hello,
>
> I'm a (debian) linux user since 95 and yesterday my mobile phone
> died. Today I went to look at new mobiles.
>
> I did find a very cheap smartphone... but it's running Windows and I
> DO KNOW that using a mobile running Windows would damage /my/ mental
> health.
>
> Does anyone knows of an (affordable) Linux smartphone sold in Europe??
>
> All references I find regard linux phones in Asia or US.
>
> If anyone can point me to a more suitable forum for this question I
> would also be grateful.
>
> Cheers,
> --
>   Francisco.
>              __o
>             `\<,

Most Linux phones and PDAs do not sync well with Linux in my limited
experience.

I would recommend a Treo 600 if you have a choice.

They are cheap because they are last year's model (they lack bluetooth, which
is a bonus in my book) and they sync with all the standard Palm tools you
find in Linux. The only difficulty is that to put PDF books on, you have to
use Adobe's PDF utils on Windows to "translate" them.

Cheers,