Re: AMD cooling utility in debian

Am Montag, 9. Mai 2005 12:27 schrieb Wackojacko:

> How do you change which governor it uses though.  I have
> recently compiled my own kernel with the 'userspace' governor
> set as default and compiled the ondemand governor into the
> kernel, but I'm not sure its made any difference. Any help would
> be appreciated.

If you want to use the kernel policies, look at the files
in /sys/devices/system/cpu/cpu0/cpufreq.

You can see which governors are available:

  $ cat scaling_available_governors
  ondemand userspace performance

Also which governor is currently active:

  $ cat scaling_governor
  performance

And of course you can change the active govenor:

  $ echo -n ondemand > scaling_governor
  $ cat scaling_governor
  ondemand

Alternatively, you can use a userspace program like cpufreqd or
powernowd to control the frequency.  This allows much finer
control, based on user-definable rules, battery status, a/c
status, time, ...

Regards,
Dennis

--