Re: do I really need "make-kpkg clean"?

Apparently, _Tim Kelley_, on 04/05/05 07:29,typed:
> On Wed, May 04, 2005 at 01:05:01AM +0300, Andres J?rv wrote:
>
>>I'm missing the point of make-kpkg. It doesn't make any other difference
>>than make things more complicated IMHO. I just use the old fashion way of cp
>>and make modules_install ;)
>

> ? It doesn't take any longer, and you get version tracking and a nice
> deb.  Seems like a no brainer to me. It's much more convenient than cp
> and editing your bootloader files ...

So how do you tell make-kpkg to not clean everything for a recompilation
of a same version kernel with only a tiny change in the config file?

Reberto has mentioned 'do_clean := NO' method. Have you ever used it? If
not, what you do you use to avoid unnecessary recompilations during
tweaking of the config file?

->HS

--
Please remove the underscores ( the '_' symbols) from my email address
to obtain the correct one. Apologies, but the fudging is to remove spam.