Re: pdf printing

According to eternityos@free.fr,

> Using xpdf when you tell it to print, it displays a dialog, in a textbox is lpr
> remove the r to obtain lp which is the cups command to print and it works
> Have a good day

I use 'lpr filename.pdf' and it just works.  I'm not sure
the mechanism, but I do have these installed...

ii  apsfilter                          7.2.6-1                            Magic print filter with automatic file type recognition
ii  foomatic-filters                   3.0.2-20050114-1                   linuxprinting.org printer support - filters
ii  foomatic-filters-ppds              20050121-1                         linuxprinting.org printer support - prebuilt PPD files
ii  foomatic-gui                       0.7.4.8                            GNOME interface for configuring the Foomatic printer filter
ii  cupsys                             1.1.23-7                           Common UNIX Printing System(tm) - server
ii  cupsys-bsd                         1.1.23-7                           Common UNIX Printing System(tm) - BSD commands
ii  cupsys-client                      1.1.23-7                           Common UNIX Printing System(tm) - client programs (SysV)
ii  cupsys-driver-gimpprint            4.2.7-5                            Gimp-Print printer drivers for CUPS
ii  cupsys-driver-gimpprint-data       4.2.7-5                            Gimp-Print printer drivers for CUPS
ii  cupsys-pt                          1.2.4-3                            Tool for viewing/managing print jobs under CUPS

I don't know what the magical minimal combo is.