nvidia gl issues

I have a sarge systemrunning kernel 2.6.8 nvidia geforce 4000 64mb agp card on
a shuttle ai61 motherboard

gl seems to work properly but I have "glitches" during intesive game play and
when i "watch" screensaver.  it just hangs for a sec or so then continues on
and does it againa  few seconds later.

Any ideas or suggestions?  I am using the 1.0.7174 nvidia glx driver from
debian and all seems to work fine other than these annoying little
"glitches".  I guess these may also be a sound issues as well, but I am not
certain.

TIA,
--

Bill Day

"A rich man isn't always wealthy, he just has all the love he can give and
ever wanted.."
http://counter.li.org #384146  284016