Re: Problem during boot

Also sprach Antonio <arpaiva@cnel.ufl.edu> (Tue, 03 May 2005 13:58:41
-0700):
> Hi.
>
> I'm trying to install Debian for the first time. I choose to install
> Debian 3 RC2, through the internet using a minimal installation CD.
> But  when I did the first boot (to actually download and install the
> packages  from the internet) the computer (Fujitsu-Siemens Amilo D)
> stopped  because of a IRQ conflict. If still remember it was something
> right  shortly after the usb driver being loaded. I even tried with
> the 'nousb'  option but still doesn't work.
>
> Did anyone had this problem? If so, how this you solved it.

hi.
i'm not familiar with the debian installer (it's quite a time since :),
a) but you can try to disable acpi (acpi=off).

b) go into the bios and see if changing irq settings helps.

c) disabling some onboard things (usb, sound) there.

d) if there are (pci)card's claiming the same irq switching the
pcicard's to other slots might help.

e) try another installer (netinst. or take sarge-booting 2.6 with "expert" at
the prompt)

> Thank you,
> Antonio

HTH, ritch