Re: smssend does not do anything ?

On Tue, May 03, 2005 at 01:57:06PM +0200, Ernst-Magne Vindal wrote:

> On Tue, 3 May 2005, Brian Potkin wrote:
>
> > See where you get with:
> >
> > smssend eurobate.sms username password network number "message"
> >
> > Brian.

[Sig snipped]

> Hi and thanks for reply
>
> I did a test on a windoze box and it was working. Used the windows scrip
> at debian and I was able to send but with errors:

By 'working' I assume you mean the recipient got the sms.  I find that
smssend itself is generally reliable but the quality of the scripts,
including any feedback they give, can vary.  Providers changing their
webpages will often break a script.

> ernst@balder $ smssend eurobate.sms username password  47 12345678 "new
> message"
> SmsSend Warning in provider loader : Unknown option : or 92 for Pakistan)
> SmsSend Warning in provider loader : Unknown option : to the french
> 0612345678 gsm : +33612345678)
> Result : Message should be on its way now
> ernst@balder $
>
> It did the same with:
> 0047 12345678 and
> 0047 +4712345678

The lines in eurobate.sms beginning '%Network Convert' and '%Tel
Convert' should each be a single line.  My guess is that somehow or
other both have been broken into two lines.

Brian.