Re: Package for splitting mpg files for CD burning?

On Thu, 2005-03-03 at 08:13 -0500, kynn@panix.com wrote:

> I have some very large mpg files (almost 2 GB each) that I want to
> split so that I can burn the parts into separate CDs, and then view
> the movie segments off the CDs.  (I know that the split command splits
> files into smaller chunks, but I doubt that these chunks could be
> viewed as movies without first reconstituting them into a single
> file.)
>
> I'm sure this is a pretty common problem, but I don't know the first
> thing about video, so I'm pretty lost.  Are there any Debian packages
> for doing this mpg splitting?

Something in package mpgtx may do what you want.

Kino will probably do it, too.

Ron Johnson, Jr.
Jefferson, LA USA

"[Hitler] has grasped the falsity of the hedonistic attitude to
life. Nearly all western thought since the last war, certainly
all 'progressive' thought, has assumed tacitly that human beings
desire nothing beyond ease, security and avoidance of pain."
George Orwell, 1940, reviewing /Mein Kampf/