Re: gxine disappeared in Sarge

On Wed, 2 Mar 2005 15:53:32 -0500, Carl Fink <carlf@fink.to> wrote:
> On Wed, Mar 02, 2005 at 06:51:35PM +0100, Jouke Witteveen wrote:
>
> > Why did gxine disappear from the Sarge list of packages? It is a nice
> > player!
>
> Well, development stopped on it.  I understand it started again but
> maybe the packager meanwhile dropped it?

Is that a reason to remove it from the package list? I saw there were
some bug posts, but even I can fix them; just copy the english
translation to all not working translations for a start and than let
people willing to do so translate and update.
Added to that: The same package removed from Testing (Sarge) is still
in Unstable!
> > If it wont return, then what are the alternatives?
>
> Mplayer, xine-ui, totem, or vlc.  Are you using the Marillat archive?
Mplayer and vlc are both not available (not listed on
packages.debian.org/testing/ either) for Sarge from my mirror.
No I'm not using Marillat, what is it?