Re: kompiling kernel 2.6

Ernst-Magne Vindal wrote:
If i make an initrd i use (after installing the deb package of the
corresponding kernel first)

mkinitrd -o /boot/initrd.img-2.6.10.02mar2005 -r /dev/hda2 2.6.10.02mar2005

Well......I'm confused, but mabye the line above is the thing I missed. I
have not seen the last option "-r /dev/hdax 2.6.xxx.

anyway, this time it did go my way exept for some minor adjustmens. I did
use the .config file from the current instlaled kernel-image but some of
the modules did not install. Modconf did it for me without problem.

so...what I did now was:

<SNIP>

Ernst,

Please trim your messages down.  That last one had like 6 or 7 levels of
quoting (most of which was header, signature, and footer) and was 9KB.
It is considered bad list ettiquette to allow your messages to get that
big unless there is a specific reason to not trim it down.

Regards,

-Roberto

--
Roberto C. Sanchez