Re: Selecting things under 'X' using ENV variables

 --- "David A. Cobb" <superbiskit@cox.net> wrote:

> This brings up a big question for me.

And me.  You really should persue the damn archives.  This issue has been
raised on here to death, hell and back again.  I really do not want to see
a repeat performance of it.

> It appears that, when I login via XDM or GDM, the scripts "/etc/profile"
>
> and "~/.profile" are NOT run. Are there equivalent scripts for X /
> Gnome? and if so, what are they?

It appears all you need to do is add:

[ -f ~/.bash_profile ] && source ~/.bash_profile

to ~/.xsession so that it is read when you login via XDM.  Of course, the
above assumes that ~/.bash_profile sources ~/.bashrc in turn.

-- Thomas Adam

=====
"TAG Editor"                 -- http://linuxgazette.net

experience will probably kill you. :)"