Re: How stable is SID?

On Tue, Mar 01, 2005 at 03:44:01PM +0000, Lee Braiden wrote:
> Use a frontend like synaptic to update your lists of software, and it'll tell
> you what's new.  When you choose to upgrade stuff, it'll tell you what will
> be removed (or whatever) by the upgrade, and you'll again have the chance to
> back out.

Note that you can get all of this information with the command-line
apt-get by creating a file in /etc/apt/apt.conf.d/ (I usually call it
"local") with the following contents:

APT {
  Get {
   Show-Upgraded "true";
  }
}

--
The freedoms that we enjoy presently are the most important victories of the
White Hats over the past several millennia, and it is vitally important that