Re: Ripping DVDs to HDD

Rhys Hardwick wrote:
I am looking to back up my DVDs to hard disk, and was wondering what software was available to do that with Debian Sarge.

I have been recommended Vobcopy. Is there another peice of software better for this, and some piece of software for converting to ogm, mpeg, Divx etc.

I just tried dvd::rip (dvdrip) (a frontend to transcode and whatnot) - it handled the whole process (from ripping to spliting the avi) and was very easy to start using.

Andro

--
Andrey Andreev
University of Helsinki