Re: Using USB pen drive

Suggest 'fdisk /dev/sdb' to check out the partition table on the unmounted
device - make a back-up first.

I have a 128 MByte '3-inch' USB flash drive that occasionally ends up with a
thrashed partition table - although I always unmount and eject it properly.
I've tried various file-systems on it - VFAT, ReiserFS, ext2, ext3 - but so
far no cure.

Wilbert.