Re: Should installation process fix firefox, thunderbird mailto problem?

On 12/31/05, Edward C. Jones <edcjones@comcast.net> wrote:
> After I install the firefox and mozilla-thunderbird package, mailto
> links in firefox and http links in thunderbird do not work. The
> well-known fix is

[...]
> Should (Can) this be done automatically by the installer for the packages?

Not everyone who uses Firefox uses Thunderbird, and not everyone who
uses Thunderbird uses Firefox.  There should, perhaps, be an easier
way to set these up, such as an explicit question when configuring a
new profile.  It's been awhile since I've created a new Firefox
profile, so that might in fact have been added.

--
Michael A. Marsh
http://www.umiacs.umd.edu/~mmarsh